Welcome to Quick Crawl!
Here are some things you can do:
Play web tiles
See the high scores list
Browse the morgue
Check out the source code
What's this all about?
This is a fork of DCSS. The goal of Quick Crawl is to preserve the "core" DCSS experience while drastically decreasing the game's length. A typical minimal game of DCSS involves exploring roughly 50 floors of the dungeon, whereas an equivalent game of Quick Crawl will take around 10 floors. In Quick Crawl all dungeon branches (except for Abyss) are just one floor deep, and the player character advances at an accelerated rate. The main dungeon is just three floors deep, instead of 15, but the threats encountered in those three floors are significantly worse than those encountered in the first three floors of DCSS.
- Reddit user BrocoLee gets the first all-rune win of QuickCrawl!
- Malcom Rose has put together a very nice showcase of Quick Crawl on his YouTube channel.
- Jonathan Rippy provided a fix for the issue preventing Tomb from spawning at all/with its rune. Thanks Jonathan!
- The first four floors of Pan are now guaranteed to be rune floors (fiery, glowing, magical, dark in a random order).
- Zigs are now three levels deep instead of 27, another patch from Jonathan Rippy.
- Balance change: XP acceleration has been scaled back slightly.
- Crypt is gone, Tomb now spawns directly in Vaults.
- No rune is required to enter Vaults.
- Only one rune is required to enter Zot.
- The demonic rune and an exit are guaranteed on every Pan floor after the four unique rune floors.